HOW TO SAFELY USE WVPD PARKS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
- Maintain at least a six-foot (6’) physical distance from other people in the park as recommended by the CDC
- Please stay home if you or members of your household are feeling unwell
- Do not travel or carpool with non-household members
- Keep your dog(s) on a leash at all times and avoid touching and interacting other people’s dogs (they are members of the household and must follow physical and social distancing as well)
- Avoid touching structures such as fences, sign posts, information boards, picnic tables, gates and railings
- Wash hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Carry hand sanitizer with you while visiting parks
- Pick up your trash and properly remove it from the park to help protect our staff. Please pick up, bag, and properly dispose of your dog’s waste
- Restroom facilities are closed
- Bring your own water
The WVPD acknowledges this is a fluid and constantly evolving situation. While WVPD parks currently remain open, we are closely following and will adhere to recommendations set forth by the CDC, Vermont Department of Health, along with state and local officials. We will strive to keep our parks open as long as possible, but need the public’s help to ensure they remain a safe space for everyone. Please observe and follow all signage posted in the parks and other public recreation areas.
Posted March 27, 2020
Park Rules and Regulations
Persons shall use Winooski Valley Park District property at their own risk and assume responsibility for any legal liability for injury or damage to the person or property of themselves or others and to hold the Park District, its board, and its employees harmless in the event of such accident or injury.
Hours and Fees: The parks are open from dawn to dusk, free of charge.
Conduct: Appropriate public recreation activities only. Please stay on the trails! All plants, trees, and wildlife should be left in the setting in which they are found. Winooski Valley Park District property, including signs or tables, should be left in place and not defaced in any manner.
Refuse: Park visitors are responsible for carrying out their own garbage, or for using trash barrels where provided. Park visitors are required to leave the area in the same condition in which they found it. No glass bottles or kegs.
Pets: Pets are welcome, but must be on a leash at all times in order to protect wildlife. Owners must immediately clean up and properly dispose of any waste.
Motor Vehicles: Motor vehicles are allowed only on designated roads and parking areas. No off-road vehicles allowed.
Biking: Bikes are welcome on roads and parking areas, and on designated trails at Delta Park, Ethan Allen Homestead, and Mayes Landing. Since resource protection is the WVPD’s primary obligation, bikes are prohibited on trails except on trails specifically designated for this use.
Fires: Fires are ONLY allowed in the picnic shelter fireplace at the Ethan Allen Homestead. Fires must not be left unattended and must be completely extinguished after use. The collection and burning of wood is prohibited. No outside firewood is allowed to be brought into the park. No open fires are allowed at other WVPD parks, but the use of small, portable cook stoves and grills is allowed.
Noise: All noise should be kept at a volume which does not disturb other park visitors or people living in the area. No amplified music.
Hunting: Hunting and trapping are not allowed. Hunting weapons and firearms are not to be discharged in the parks, nor are they to be discharged into them.
Picking/Harvesting: Picking and/or harvesting plants is not allowed; all plants should be left in the setting in which they are found.
Geo/Earth Caching: All geo/earth caches must be accessible from the trail and are allowed with written permission only.
Rock Climbing: Rock climbing is not allowed.
Disc Golf: Disc golfing is not allowed.
Metal Detecting: Metal detecting is not allowed.
Organized Events: Allowed by permit only. Contact the WVPD at (802) 863-5744.