The Sustainable Outdoor Leadership Education – S.O.L.E. Camp is a nature-based, outdoor adventure day camp that strives to empower youth to be comfortable exploring nature while fostering a sense of place by encouraging curiosity, observation, and respect of our natural world.
Activities include plant & animal identification, habitat, watershed & wetlands exploration, hiking, gardening, wildlife tracking, science experiments, outdoor survival skills, games, crafts, and much, much more! Campers will learn skills to become naturalist and stewards of our natural world!
Campers should be prepared to spend the majority of each day outside exploring – regardless of weather, including rain (except in the case of severe weather)! Each week will include hiking field trips to explore the Ethan Allen Homestead and nearby natural areas, and lots of games, crafts, exploration, and adventure!
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN AT THE END OF JANUARY – Subscribe to our mailing list below to be notified when registration opens!
2019 Camp Dates:
- June 17 – 21
- June 24 – 28
- July 1 -3* (Monday – Wednesday only)
- July 8 – 12 – for campers ages 9 – 12 years old ONLY
No camp offered during the weeks of July 15 – 19 or July 22 – 26
- July 29 – August 2
- August 5 – 9
- August 12 – 16 – for campers ages 9 – 12 years old ONLY
- August 19 – 23
- Eight week-long sessions (see dates above)
- Please see our Camp Policies page for information on registration, cancellation policy and deadlines for making changes to registration.
- Camp is held Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Campers must be 7 years old or 9 years old (for the two older camper weeks) at the start of the camp week they are registered for.
- S.O.L.E. Camp is located at the Ethan Allen Homestead in Burlington
- Maximum 12 – 14 campers per week-long session (depending on age group). If desired week is full, campers will be added to a waiting list for that week.
Costs: Separate weeks are scheduled for the two age groups. See above camp date list for details.
- For ages 7 – 9 years old: $225/week per camper (*Week 3: July 1-3 is $165/camper; camp is only held Monday – Wednesday that week)
- For ages 9 – 12 years old: $345/week per camper. Includes field trips to other WVPD parks (transportation included) and activities/outings with local partner organizations.
Sibling Discount: 10% off additional camper(s) from the same household after first. Must attend the same camp week for discount to apply.
Limited scholarships are available – please see our scholarship information page for details.
Be sure to read our S.O.L.E. Camp Registration Policies & Procedures for more information on registration, payments, cancellations and registration changes.
Contact Camp Director, Lauren Chicote, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 863-5744 with questions or for more information.
Receive information on camp including notification on when registration opens!