Join the Winooski Valley Park District at these upcoming events!
- Monthly Bird Monitoring Walks with WVPD’s AmeriCorps Environmental Educator: Join Environmental Educator Juli for bird monitoring walks each month! Walks are easy, and we will take our time to stop and observe birds along the way and answer any questions you might have. Binoculars and bird guides are available to borrow. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or if you have any questions.
- January 19, 8:30 – 10:30 AM – Location: Delta Park, Colchester
- February 23, 8:30 – 10:30 AM – Location: Delta Park, Colchester
- March 23, 8:30 – 10:30 AM – Location: Delta Park, Colchester
- KidsVT Camp & School Fair – February 2, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Come learn about the WVPD’s S.O.L.E. Camp and meet camp staff! We will be taking registration at the fair!
- Wintervale! February 24, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Join us for good food, hot drinks, outdoor recreation and winter fun! Snow or no snow, we will have a winter festival (weather permitting) complete with:- Free ski and snowshoe rentals (if there’s snow), thanks to SKIRACK, Winooski Valley Park District, Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront, and Catamount Trail Association
– Free fat bike rentals from SKIRACK
– A bonfire to keep warm
– A chili-cook off sponsored by City Market (Email email@example.com to sign up!)
– Food for purchase from Farmers and Foragers and Miss Weinerz
– Hot chocolate from Slow Food Vermont
– Beer for purchase from Zero Gravity Craft Brewery
– Maple goods from Square Deal Farm
– Kids’ activities by Winooski Valley Park District
– Reverse Dog Sled Race organized by WildkindAnd more!HUGE Thank you to our incredible sponsors and partners!Sponsors: SKIRACK and Northfield Savings BankPartners: SKIRACK, Intervale Community Farm Cooperative, Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront, Winooski Valley Park District, Wildkind
- Green Up Day Saturday, May 4 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at Salmon Hole Park, Burlington. Help the WVPD clean up the trails at Salmon Hole as part of our Annual Green Up Day event! WVPD will provide trash bags and gloves. Other clean up opportunities for groups and individuals are available at other WVPD parks – contact Tim Larned, Parks Superintendent, for more information.
- Conservation Field Day Wednesday, May 15 at the Ethan Allen Homestead, Burlington. Each year the WVPD invites 5th-grade classes from its member communities to partake in a fun-filled a day of hands-on environmental education activities. Students rotate through a series of workshops focused on conservation and stewardship. If you wish to learn more about this event, register your class or provide a workshop contact Lauren Chicote, Programs Director, for more information.
Partner Organization Events
- Ethan Allen Homestead Museum Third Sunday Lecture Series: Each months lecture will explore a different topic of local and American History. Speakers include local historians and authors. Third Sunday of the month at 2:00pm in the Ethan Allen Homestead Museum and Education Center. For more information call (802) 865 – 4556 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check out the Museum’s calendar of events or follow them on Facebook for other exciting and informative events on Vermont History!