Join the Winooski Valley Park District at these upcoming events!
- Wintervale Sunday, NEW DATE! March 4th
February 25,11:00am – 3:00pm at the Intervale Center in Burlington. Join the WVPD, Intervale Center, Skirack, and Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront for a fun winter celebration! Activities include:
- Free xc-ski and snowshoe rentals for the whole family
- Kids activities and games
- Slow Food Vermont tastings and City Market “Make it from Scratch” activities
- Delicious food and drink for purchase
- A chili cook-off and a bonfire to stay warm!
- Green Up Day Saturday, May 5 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at Salmon Hole Park, Burlington. Help the WVPD clean up the trails at Salmon Hole as part of our Annual Green Up Day event! WVPD will provide trash bags and gloves. Other clean up opportunities for groups and individuals are available at other WVPD parks – contact Tim Larned, Parks Superintendent, for more information.
- Conservation Field Day Wednesday, May 16 at the Ethan Allen Homestead, Burlington. Each year the WVPD invites 5th-grade classes from its member communities to partake in a fun-filled a day of hands-on environmental education activities. Students rotate through a series of workshops focused on conservation and stewardship. If you wish to learn more about this event, register your class or provide a workshop contact Lauren Chicote, Programs Director, for more information.
Partner Organization Events
- Art In Nature: Join our friends at Winooski Parks and Recreation for their free art program which invites community members to express themselves artistically in Winooski’s beautiful Public Parks! For more information contact Winooski Parks and Recreation Manager Alicia Finley: email@example.com
- Sunday, January 28th 1:00 PM at Memorial Park
- Sunday, February 11 at 1:00 PM at Gilbrook Natural Area
- Ethan Allen Homestead Museum Third Sunday Lecture Series: Each months lecture will explore a different topic of local and American History. Speakers include local historians and authors. Third Sunday of the month at 2:00pm in the Ethan Allen Homestead Museum and Education Center. For more information call (802) 865 – 4556 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- KidsVT Camp & School Fair Saturday, February , 10:00am – 2:00pm at the Hilton Burlington. Stop by our table to learn about the WVPD’s S.O.L.E. Camp offerings and register on the spot! Camp Director and Camp Coordinator will be on hand to answer questions about the camps!
- Green Mountain Club Young Adventurers Club: Bird, Binoculars & Snowshoes! February 17, 10:00 – 11:30AM at the Ethan Allen Homestead, Burlington. Come join the GMC-Burlington Young Adventurers Club and Winooski Valley Park District for Audubon’s Great Backyard Bird Count, a world-wide citizen-science project! Families will learn from the WVPD’s AmeriCorps member Juli Tyson, an Environmental Educator, about how the birds of Burlington are doing this winter, plus some rare and uncommon sightings that have been made right at the Homestead. We will meet in the Ethan Allen Homestead parking lot and everyone will be able to grab a pair of binoculars and snowshoes from the classroom to use! Please register ahead with the trip organizer, Michelle Connor, at email@example.com.