Join the Winooski Valley Park District at these upcoming events!
- BANFF Mountain Film Festival Thursday and Friday, January 26 & 27 at UVM Davis Center. Come meet staff from the WVPD, learn about our camp offerings, education programs and upcoming job openings! We will be tabling before the films start; doors open at 6:16pm, films start at 7pm. Tickets available here.
- KidsVT Camp & School Fair Saturday, February 4, 10:00am – 2:00pm at the Hilton Burlington. Learn about the WVPD’s camp offerings and register on the spot! Camp Director and Camp Coordinator will be on hand to answer questions about the camps!
- Wintervale Sunday, February 12 &
March 12, 11:00am – 3:00pm at the Intervale Center in Burlington. Join the WVPD, Intervale Center, Skirack, and Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront for a fun winter celebration! Activities include:
- Free xc ski and snowshoe demos for the whole family
- Kids activities and games
- Slow Food Vermont tastings and City Market “Make it from Scratch” activities
- Delicious food and drink for purchase
- NEW this year – a chili cook-off and a bonfire to stay warm!
Wintervale for March 12th is CANCELLED – due to lack of snow and expected chilly temperatures!
- Green Up Day Saturday, May 6 9:00am – 12:00pm at Salmon Hole Park, Burlington. Help the WVPD clean up the trails at Salmon Hole as part of our Annual Green Up Day event! WVPD will provide trash bags and gloves. Other clean up opportunities for groups and individuals are available at other WVPD parks – contact Tim Larned, Parks Superintendent, for more information.
- Conservation Field Day Wednesday, May 17 at the Ethan Allen Homestead, Burlington. Each year the WVPD invites 5th grade classes from it’s member communities to partake in a fun filled a day of hands-on environmental education activities. Students rotate through a series of workshops focused on conservation and stewardship. If you wish to learn more about this event, register your class or provide a workshop contact Lauren Chicote, Programs Director, for more information.
- Winooski Pedal and Paddle with Friends of the Winooski River Sunday, July 23. The WVPD is partnering with the Friends of the Winooski River for this great, new event! Starting at the Ethan Allen Homestead, participants will enjoy a leisurely pedal (bike ride) through the Intervale to Winooski, where they will hop in their boats and paddle back down the Winooski River to the Ethan Allen Homestead for a relaxed celebration. More information and registration can be found here.