Join the Winooski Valley Park District at these upcoming events!
- Garden Harvest Party & Potluck October 1, 3-6pm
Celebrate the harvest season at WVPD’s Ethan Allen Homestead in Burlington. There will be delicious food, kids’ activities, bike smoothies, tours of the gardens, trails and Ethan Allen House, and music by Woodbury Strings and their youth students. Presented by the Vermont Community Garden Network, Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront/Burlington Area Community Gardens, Winooski Valley Park District, Janet S. Munt Family Room, New Farms for New Americans, Ethan Allen Homestead Museum, and City Market. Bring a potluck dish to share. Everyone welcome!
- BANFF Mountain Film Festival Thursday and Friday, January 26 & 27 at UVM Davis Center. Come meet staff from the WVPD, learn about our camp offerings, education programs, and upcoming job openings! We will be tabling before the film’s start; doors open at 6:16 pm, films start at 7 pm. Tickets available here.
- KidsVT Camp & School Fair Saturday, February 4, 10:00am – 2:00pm at the Hilton Burlington. Learn about the WVPD’s camp offerings and register on the spot! Camp Director and Camp Coordinator will be on hand to answer questions about the camps!
- Wintervale Sunday, February 12 &
March 12, 11:00am – 3:00pm at the Intervale Center in Burlington. Join the WVPD, Intervale Center, Skirack, and Burlington Parks, Recreation & Waterfront for a fun winter celebration! Activities include:
- Free xc ski and snowshoe demos for the whole family
- Kids activities and games
- Slow Food Vermont tastings and City Market “Make it from Scratch” activities
- Delicious food and drink for purchase
- NEW this year – a chili cook-off and a bonfire to stay warm!
- Green Up Day Saturday, May 6 9:00 am – 12:00 pm at Salmon Hole Park, Burlington. Help the WVPD clean up the trails at Salmon Hole as part of our Annual Green Up Day event! WVPD will provide trash bags and gloves. Other clean up opportunities for groups and individuals are available at other WVPD parks – contact Tim Larned, Parks Superintendent, for more information.
- Conservation Field Day Wednesday, May 17 at the Ethan Allen Homestead, Burlington. Each year the WVPD invites 5th-grade classes from its member communities to partake in a fun-filled a day of hands-on environmental education activities. Students rotate through a series of workshops focused on conservation and stewardship. If you wish to learn more about this event, register your class or provide a workshop contact Lauren Chicote, Programs Director, for more information.
- Onion River Race & Ramble Takes place on Sunday, June 4. The WVPD has partnered with Friends of the Winooski River for this thrilling upcoming event. This is a paddling race in which all skill and equipment levels are welcome. For more information & registration, visit: Friends of the Winooski River
- Memorial Park Interpretive Walk Come explore the newly renovated Memorial Park on Saturday, June 10 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. This interpretive walk through will feature Winooski Parks & Rec staff, UVM associate professor of Archaeology, John Crock, and WVPD programs director, Lauren Chicote. Learn about the historical and natural relevancy of this important Winooski Park while enjoying the outdoors.
- Winooski Pedal and Paddle with Friends of the Winooski River Sunday, July 23. The WVPD is partnering with the Friends of the Winooski River for this great, new event! Starting at the Ethan Allen Homestead, participants will enjoy a leisurely pedal (bike ride) through the Intervale to Winooski, where they will hop in their boats and paddle back down the Winooski River to the Ethan Allen Homestead for a relaxed celebration. More information and registration can be found here.