S.O.L.E. Camp Registration Policies & Procedures:
- Registration occurs on a first come, first served basis. If desired week is full, campers will be put on a wait list in the order that requests are received for the desired week. The parent/guardian will be contacted as soon as possible if a space becomes available.
- Campers may be registered for as many weeks as desired that they are eligible for based on age (6 weeks maximum for ages 7 – 9 years old; 2 weeks maximum for ages 9 – 12 years. See camp dates for details). We recommend 2-4 weeks per camper per summer as activities are repeated throughout the summer/each week – however, campers attending more weeks are welcome!
- Registration is done a rolling basis as space is available, but campers must be registered by the Thursday before the desired camp week begins.
- Campers must be 7 years old by the start of the registered week(s) of camp for the younger age group for 7 – 9 year olds. Campers must be 9 years old by the start of the registered week(s) of camp for the older age group for 9 – 12 years old.
CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
- Any changes to registration (i.e. switching weeks camper is registered for) must be approved by the Camp Director and will be accommodated as space allows for the new desired week (please note if the desired week is already full, camper will be added to the wait list for that week). Changes must be made by May 15 for camp weeks 1- 4 and by July 1 for camp weeks 5 – 8. Changes to registration may incur a $75 administration fee. Please notify the Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (802) 863-5744 to discuss the situation.
- Any cancellations must be made by May 15 for camp weeks 1 – 4 and by July 1 for camp weeks 5 – 8. Cancellations made before the deadlines will incur a $75 administration fee with the remaining balance returned to the original payee (if no payment has been made, the $75 administration fee will be due upon cancelling). Cancellations made after the deadline may incur an administration fee of up to 45% of the cost of the camp week(s), with the remaining balance returned to the original payee (if no payment has been received, the administration fee will be due upon cancelling).
- If the WVPD must cancel camp for any reason, the full tuition amount will be refunded to the original payee.
- Full payment for each week must be received by the Monday of the camp week the camper is registered for.
- Payments may be made in installments prior to the camp week registered for in any amount that fits the payee’s budget. Full and partial scholarships are available – see scholarship information for details.
- The WVPD can only receive payments in the form of cash or checks (bank issued checks/payments requests are acceptable). We cannot take credit or debit card payments. Checks should be made payable to the Winooski Valley Park District. Payment must be received by the Monday of the registered camp week. Payments may be mailed to:
Winooski Valley Park District
Attn: S.O.L.E. Camp
1 Ethan Allen Homestead
Burlington, VT 05408
- Camp weeks with enrollment less than 7 campers are subject to cancellation. Cancellation decisions will be made no later than one week before the start of the camp week to give families time to look for alternative care.
- Sibling discount: 10% off additional camper(s) from the same household after first. Must attend the same camp week(s) for discount to apply.
- Scholarships are available! See scholarship information for more details.